Living in a small space doesn’t have to be a drag. With a little creativity, you can make the most of your limited square footage. Here are five tips to get you started:
1. Get rid of clutter. Clutter can make even the most spacious room feel cramped. Go through your things and get rid of anything you don’t use or need.
2. Use furniture that serves more than one purpose. A coffee table that doubles as a storage ottoman, for example, can help you save valuable space.
3. Think vertically. When storage space is limited, it’s important to make use of every inch. Install shelves high up on walls to take advantage of vertical space.
4. Bring in some greenery. Plants can help purify the air and make a small space feel more inviting.
5. Use light colors. Dark colors tend to make rooms feel smaller. Choose light paint colors and furniture fabrics to help visually expand your space.
With these tips, you can turn your small space into a cozy and functional retreat.